Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Regular forum member out of ICU and recovering!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I won't name the guy for obvious reasons but a regular poster here has been in the ICU for the last 3 weeks on a ventilator with Covid-19. I'm sure he'll post when he's full convalesced and ready.

The great news is that yesterday he came off the ventilator and is now back on a standard ward, on the long road to recovery. Fantastic news! I know the guy from another industry forum and we've been waiting and worrying for what seems like ages, but finally some good news.

Have a good weekend folks and stay positive and safe. Several pints await :):)

I won't name the guy for obvious reasons but a regular poster here has been in the ICU for the last 3 weeks on a ventilator with Covid-19. I'm sure he'll post when he's full convalesced and ready.

The great news is that yesterday he came off the ventilator and is now back on a standard ward, on the long road to recovery. Fantastic news! I know the guy from another industry forum and we've been waiting and worrying for what seems like ages, but finally some good news.

Very best wishes and get well soon.

I'm not going to guess but I hope he’s not miserable while recovering.

Reactions: Cnixon

Great news, here's to a quick recovery and get well soon.

My wife's boss was the same and now home last week and still recovering. We (my family) had the "virus" over 3 weeks ago and it's not nice. My wife nearly went to a&e but fought it off. She suffers with asthma. All better now tho.

That's so great to hear, and all the best to them. They must be very relieved indeed.

Wife and I both had it (we believe, untested), very fortunate not to need medical care. But it sure floored us and was a scary experience. We still tire very quickly over a week later. Stay safe and rest rest rest anyone with symptoms.

Reactions: Jez_GB and Roy W.
I’ve just been delivering more medical equipment to the nightingale hospital in Bristol. The sheer scale of things there are enough to shock. Dozens of people getting it ready as fast as possible. The huge oxygen tanks outside show what they’re expecting.
Stay at home and stay safe everyone.

Reactions: RichOB
Hopefully no Nightingale wards will be required. We are seeing a bit of a plateau in our ITUs here in Birmingham. It will be interesting to see what happens when restrictions start being relaxed, though.

As for our friend, it’ll be a long road to recovery, ITU is not a kind experience, but he’s one of the lucky 50% (ish).

Very best wishes to our forum buddy!

Last edited:

Always good to hear a positive story! Thanks for sharing.