Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rejecting or Delaying delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A neighbor was just notified his car could be delivered between May 26th and June 10th. No VIN has been assigned. He needs to delay delivery until 1 July in order to get the newly approved $4K EV rebate here in Illinois. So his question how can he delay his deliver until after 1 July should his car become available sooner?

I’m not able to answer this for him.

Thanks for my friend.

If it were me, I’d wait to see if I received a VIN and if the timing worked for my schedule. If it doesn’t work, then call my SA or Tesla, explain my situation, and ask to have my order placed on hold. Then release the hold after July 1st.

I ordered mine in January with at that time EDD June - July. In late Feb I got an email telling me it was ready for pickup, I presume it was one someone else had declined that had my specs. I was nowhere near ready (loan, sell my car, busy work schedule etc) and they would only let me hold it for a week. My case was probably different as the car was at the service center ready to go.

Reactions: towndrunk
I ordered mine in January with at that time EDD June - July. In late Feb I got an email telling me it was ready for pickup, I presume it was one someone else had declined that had my specs. I was nowhere near ready (loan, sell my car, busy work schedule etc) and they would only let me hold it for a week. My case was probably different as the car was at the service center ready to go.

:cool:

2022-03-05 17.07.29.jpg

Reactions: Plug Me In