Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reliability

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wasn't sure where to post this question. I just purchased a Model 3 AWD LR. I do have somebody that wants to buy it from me, and will pay me what I paid. My question is (I have only had it three weeks). Best driving car I have ever driven.

Are these cars reliable?
Is the service good? I live 160 miles from the closest service center, so I am not sure when the truck comes to you, or I have to go to a center.

I will appreciate all feedback whether it is good or bad.

• Helpful
Reactions: N54TT
Wasn't sure where to post this question. I just purchased a Model 3 AWD LR. I do have somebody that wants to buy it from me, and will pay me what I paid. My question is (I have only had it three weeks). Best driving car I have ever driven.

Are these cars reliable?
Is the service good? I live 160 miles from the closest service center, so I am not sure when the truck comes to you, or I have to go to a center.

I will appreciate all feedback whether it is good or bad.

You generally get bad opinions on forums it seems just like in my profession you never here about good results fro back surgery!

I have had two rover home service which was excellent. I did lose my front motor which mobile repair told me to drive to an S.C., who would not respond to me at all. I reconnected repair and the next day the car was towed to Latham Ny (I live in western NY) who contacted me almost daily with follow up. 6days later the car returned and I returned the enterprise car they had for me.
I would say service is decent but not like having a dealer down the road who is always looking for business. (Tesla acts like there is no one in charge and they do not really care about repeat business thinking they have no competition. I am sure this is because we are buying a new car from a new overwhelming business model.)

Because the Bolt is not an equal to the M3, I would definitely do it again and again.

Reactions: mafpolo
I’ve had my LR AWD for 6 months and had 2 repairs done. First was a fog light that went out. Mobile service came to my house and replaced it. The experience was great. Second repair was a rattle in the passenger door. Had to take it to the SC. Was a broken clip and they replaced it. Tesla gave me Uber credits as it took 1/2 day for the repair.

It’s a great car, but if I had to drive 160 miles for service I wouldn’t have bought it. That’s too inconvenient for me.