Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Remove HomeLink Module?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was rear-ended and insurance is moving towards totaling my 3. I'll be getting a new one, but obviously the new vehicle doesn't include the HomeLink Module.

Has anyone installed or removed the module themselves?

I was rear-ended and insurance is moving towards totaling my 3. I'll be getting a new one, but obviously the new vehicle doesn't include the HomeLink Module.

Has anyone installed or removed the module themselves?
I think it has some wiring in the bumper. I'd point out to insurance the new one doesnt come with it so they should pay you 300 bucks more. It's not reasonable for them to expect you to remove it....

Reactions: tvad
I think it has some wiring in the bumper. I'd point out to insurance the new one doesnt come with it so they should pay you 300 bucks more. It's not reasonable for them to expect you to remove it....

I agree with this, it's part of the totaled car, should be included in the replacement cost. Even if you move the module, I'm not even sure the feature would magically come on. There might be a software update to actually use it.

Reactions: Bill Foster
It’s right under the front bumper in the center of the car. So, if you can remove the bumper it’s simple to pull the module. definitely worth doing.

Here is my car with the bumper removed. I’ve circled where the homelink module is located. That is the clip where is goes (My Car doesn’t have the module). Just unplug and slide out of the clip.

0E9CF004-E732-46BC-BB45-29688A565848.jpeg

Reactions: Gondi63 and Navak
I agree with this, it's part of the totaled car, should be included in the replacement cost. Even if you move the module, I'm not even sure the feature would magically come on. There might be a software update to actually use it.
It requires a software update to work. However, the mobile service techs can do it. Technically they can do it remotely, but they might not.