Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Remove My Access not working?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi folks, has anyone had any issues removing their app access from a loaner car? In the app, I used the 'Remove My Access' button and it just shows 'Processing Your Request', and then nothing happens. Do I have to wait a few days for the car to be removed?

Context: I've been driving a loaner Model 3 (3rd party, ie. not from Tesla) while mine is being repaired. I received app access the next day without doing anything. I recall this process being different when I added my wife as an additional driver (she had to click on a link and accept). I'm due to pick up my car soon, so thought I'd remove access early to make sure my Cloud Profile is removed from the car. I didn't want the next driver messing around with my settings (there were 2 other Cloud Profiles besides mine in there).

Attachments

• teslaremove1.jpg
    teslaremove1.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 101
  • teslaremove2.jpg
    teslaremove2.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 55
  • teslaremove3.jpg
    teslaremove3.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 44
No, my car was removed the same day I returned it, but the owner has to initiate that. Yes, your cloud profile is deleted from the car when it is removed from your account.
Thanks, looks like I'll just have to wait and see.

If it is not your car, you may not have access to add/remove access. I would assume that once you return it, the owner will remove you.
Yea, I just find it weird that the 'Remove My Access' button exists, implying I could remove it if I wanted, but actually does nothing instead.