Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Removing Adapter + J1772 From Charge Port

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Exactly. Generally, the hook doesn't engage on it's own, and you have to push in on it until it clicks in, then pull both the plug and the adapter out. It becomes second nature after you do it a few times, although if you don't do it quickly enough, the port will lock back down on the adapter before you are able to pull it out.
Thanks for the clarification. I have been able to get it to work. Do you think that adding some plumbing grease to the latch at the point where it latches onto the adapter might make it latch more easily?

So I have a different problem- today someone was able to remove the adaptor while it was actively charging- shouldn't the adaptor always remain locked so it cant be stolen? In other words, someone removed the charger while car was charging and the adaptor came with it. Then my port automatically closed and she was forced to place the adaptor on the trunk of the car- which I'm grateful for, of course (caught on sentry mode). Is there a way to prevent the adaptor from being removed if the car is actively charging and therefore not asleep?

So I have a different problem- today someone was able to remove the adaptor while it was actively charging- shouldn't the adaptor always remain locked so it cant be stolen? In other words, someone removed the charger while car was charging and the adaptor came with it. Then my port automatically closed and she was forced to place the adaptor on the trunk of the car- which I'm grateful for, of course (caught on sentry mode). Is there a way to prevent the adaptor from being removed if the car is actively charging and therefore not asleep?
I’m assuming it wasn’t cold out?