Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Removing Front License Plate Bracket

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No heat gun or hair dryer is necessary at all. I took the front license plate holder off my 2023 Model S today in about five minutes which included rubbing the adhesive tape off the bumper.

1. Get Berkley Trilene Big Game Monofilament Fishing Line. It comes in various strengths so make sure you get the 40 pound version. I put on some gloves after I cut a piece so I wouldn't hurt my hands. You just work it in from one side and slowly saw it up and down until you are through to the other side. Left to right in my case but it doesn't matter.

2. Then I just used my thumbs to slowly roll the remaining tape off. A bit tedious but it comes off just fine in a few minutes.

3. Then I sprayed some RapidTac Rapid Remover Adhesive Remover for Vinyl Wraps Graphics Decals Stripes 4oz Sprayer on the front bumper and wiped the remaining residue off with a microfiber tower. Looks great. The RapidTac dries off and will not hurt the clear coat.

I got the two items above from Amazon but there are numerous sites from which to buy those.

Reactions: aerodyne