Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Removing front lip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm guessing it's either held on by either double-sided 3m mounting tape and/or some screws. If you don't see screws running through the lip then it's more than likely mounting tape. If it's mounting tape, suggest using a heat-gun and 98% rubbing alcohol to remove the adhesive. I've heard goo-gone ends up removing the paint on teslas so be careful.

Upvote 0
2021 model 3, no particular front lip chosen yet. It looks like they all partially cover some of the bottom of the front bumper, so my concern is if I eventually remove it that the bumper will show wear from where it was sitting against the paint

Upvote 0
2021 model 3, no particular front lip chosen yet. It looks like they all partially cover some of the bottom of the front bumper, so my concern is if I eventually remove it that the bumper will show wear from where it was sitting against the paint
The paint might also age differently due to UV. The lip will protect is and may look darker, once removed.

Upvote 0