Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Removing front passenger seat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There's a really good YouTube video that removes the entire seat.
If you need help still, please respond.
George Borrelli
Crystal River Florida
Which video is that? I am having trouble removing the passenger seat. I can’t get the wiring harness I clipped from the seat itself. Is there a way to disconnect the wiring harness from the car and leave it attached to the seat?

Which video is that? I am having trouble removing the passenger seat. I can’t get the wiring harness I clipped from the seat itself. Is there a way to disconnect the wiring harness from the car and leave it attached to the seat?
I don't know if you finished yet, I'm just seeing this now on Tuesday.
Yes, you can disconnect the entire wiring harness if you wanted to. I did see a video on that. But I've never done that.
None of my changes to seats, thus far, have required that extent of removal. I just remove the seat bottom from the seat frame. I leave the seat frame in the car. I don't remove all the wiring, just the connectors (3 on the passenger side I believe) that go to the seat bottom.
I do this by removing the four floor bolts and rocking the seat back and forth to ease removal. I can but not necessary to pop off the controls side panel to get additional room to work.

What are you trying to do?
My YouTube videos are on my channel and go by my name.

Sincerely,
George Borrelli
Crystal River, Florida

• Helpful
Reactions: mpgxsvcd
I don't know if you finished yet, I'm just seeing this now on Tuesday.
Yes, you can disconnect the entire wiring harness if you wanted to. I did see a video on that. But I've never done that.
None of my changes to seats, thus far, have required that extent of removal. I just remove the seat bottom from the seat frame. I leave the seat frame in the car. I don't remove all the wiring, just the connectors (3 on the passenger side I believe) that go to the seat bottom.
I do this by removing the four floor bolts and rocking the seat back and forth to ease removal. I can but not necessary to pop off the controls side panel to get additional room to work.

What are you trying to do?
My YouTube videos are on my channel and go by my name.

Sincerely,
George Borrelli
Crystal River, Florida
I got everything out now. It wasn’t as hard as I thought to get all of the seats out. Unclipping the front seat wiring harness was easy once I found where the connection was.

Reactions: Georgesb2
Can you share what your project goals are?
Thanks
I have a Test and Tune at the Rockingham Dragstrip this weekend. Temperatures won’t be ideal but I removed 144 lbs from the car. I hope to go 11.25 @ 122 mph for the 1/4 mile and 0-60 mph in 3.10 seconds without subtracting rollout.

A1706DFB-40DD-4CB4-AA84-4F68ACD51E6E.jpeg
99B8B95F-CFC3-4675-85CC-B840A535E0E6.jpeg
377930D0-B29D-4CFA-B173-7D1E8F943DD0.jpeg

Reactions: Georgesb2
George. Dummy me. Can't find your video. I need to switch seat cushions, my driver's is old, crushed. Right side is like new. How hard is it?
Any help or advice is appreciated. Thanks. I used to live in CR before moving to St Augustine
I posted a lot of videos on my channel on YouTube "George Borrelli"
It's not "hard". If you can change oil and filter you can figure this out.
I remove the four floor bolts so I can rock the seat and access the connectors and the "clips"
After removing the bolts, it's not all that difficult.
It's a little hard to move the tight seat bottom clips. I sometimes use a flat head screw driver to start one end.
I have made custom seat cushions.
Let me know if you need more help.
We are close by, I'll even show you if you are willing to find me.

• Helpful
Reactions: mpgxsvcd
I have a Test and Tune at the Rockingham Dragstrip this weekend. Temperatures won’t be ideal but I removed 144 lbs from the car. I hope to go 11.25 @ 122 mph for the 1/4 mile and 0-60 mph in 3.10 seconds without subtracting rollout.

View attachment 875214View attachment 875215View attachment 875216
Pretty crazy how much of a difference removing the weight made. I ended up going 11.17 @ 122.93 mph for the 1/4 mile and 3.01 for 0-60 mph without subtracting rollout. I exceeded my expectations by quite a bit. Getting everything reinstalled was a pain because of my seat covers. I doubt I will do it again.

0450131C-10B2-413E-A303-F6B8488B3A83.jpeg
AA83D2E6-9E57-410B-94E4-9C2BF5DDB863.png