Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Captain Seat Noise/Rattle New 24 Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Brand new 24 Model X LR, noticed on the passenger captain chair there is a rattle/noise coming from the bottom of the seat. When I hold my hand on the seat the sound stops.
It seems like it coming from the plastic chrome on the bottom of the seat, but not 100% sure. But the noise stops when I hold the seat .

Have a SC appointment already for other minor things, anyone else experience this with captain seats?

was it an easy fix ?

I have Nov 2023 made MXP. I do have some sort of creaking on driver side captain seat on rough roads but nothing too major. Considering addressing but haven’t had time to properly narrow down the actual source. It’s definitely not on the passenger side for me - driver only.

On bad roads the seats shake quite a bit. Try holding your palm on the passenger front sear while driving over some rough patches or shallow potholes. The seat shakes as if it’s too heavy for the base it sits on. The captain sears have even thinner base - I believe it’s a result of the suspension transmitting enough vibrations that seats shake and may creak