Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Removing Speed Limit Mode without pin

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still can’t figure out how to reset my speed limit pin … when I go to that screen it’s in protective mode I can’t even change anything … when I go to the APP .. it asks for the PIN which I don’t remember but it does not give you the option of entering your credentials… STUPID

Reactions: Jamezam
I just came across this problem in my model 3. I take my car to the tire shop and drop it off, after I leave I activate valet mode and speed limit mode via the app.

After I pick up the car. I was able to turn off valet mode without issue but speed limit mode asks me for a pin. I try some defaults and my "usual" pin codes, no luck. So fooling around in the menus I see "pin to drive" so I enable it, it asks me to set a pin, I do. Then I disable it.

Next I put that pin into speed limit mode and it takes it. Problem solved.

It seems that there is a bug in the software that allows the speed limit mode to be set without asking for a pin or checking to see if pin to drive has a pin set.

I hope this helps someone.

Reactions: AlbertParker
For whatever reason (probably because of children playing with the phone), Speed Limit Mode got enabled on my mom's Model 3. We don't know the pin. We've called Tesla twice. The first time we were told it needed to be done on their end, and they'd call back, but we haven't heard back. The second time the support person talked about valet mode... which the car is not in... at any rate, anyone else have this happened? There a quick solution? Calling Tesla doesn't seem to help....
I can’t check now, but as I remember, you could clear it from the mobile app using your website credentials.