Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Renault Twizy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like it needs those Pivo wheels.
It does, doesn't it? Do the rear wheels turn only at low speeds? Body roll could be a concern otherwise.

1.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Just saw an advertisement for it in Spain and saw one in Spain. I was impressed. For 5 k euros and $40/month. If they could up the speed, they really have something. In the part of Spain I am currently in gas is 6.40/gallon.

If they tweak it, up the speed, add a slight more range, I would call this a Leaf/focus ev killer. If they sold it for double the price in the US, after the rebates, it's like 10th the cost of the leaf or focus ev, but with slightly less ulility. I would buy one just as a toy.

Just saw an advertisement for it in Spain and saw one in Spain. I was impressed. For 5 k euros and $40/month. If they could up the speed, they really have something. In the part of Spain I am currently in gas is 6.40/gallon.

If they tweak it, up the speed, add a slight more range, I would call this a Leaf/focus ev killer. If they sold it for double the price in the US, after the rebates, it's like 10th the cost of the leaf or focus ev, but with slightly less ulility. I would buy one just as a toy.

It is not good offer. You have to read "small letter".

I wish I could buy it in the US. It would make a great errand car for around the neighborhood. If they sold it for more than the eu price in the usa, I'd buy it in a second. I think many economy car people may also keep their old cars and buy a twizzy as a second car. getting a new car for under 5,000 after rebates is a steal. I also saw the kangaroo ev at the port, I am very impressed with Europe's move to EVs

I wish I could buy it in the US. It would make a great errand car for around the neighborhood. If they sold it for more than the eu price in the usa, I'd buy it in a second. I think many economy car people may also keep their old cars and buy a twizzy as a second car. getting a new car for under 5,000 after rebates is a steal. I also saw the kangaroo ev at the port, I am very impressed with Europe's move to EVs
You can always import one?

Buy one in the Netherlands (for example), don't register it here and ship it.

So, how was it ?
Any photos ?

Well, it was great! Much more fun, then I thought.

It is tiny, but in a good sense. Has excellent roadholding and is a real car! Enough power and enough range!
My girls loved it and even my wife! Driving a Twizy everybody smiles at you and cheers! Thumbs up everywhere.
The only negativ thing is that the car seems not to have a park position and that the handbrake is awkward to use.

It is the ideal city car!

The Renault dealer, is a small dealer and he allready has sold three. He also has reserved a Zoe for himself. So the future is bright, the future is electric!