Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Renault Twizy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A note for any Twizy owners:

Thanks to the amazing work of Michael Balzer, and the guys in Europe, OVMS now has stable support for the Renault Twizy (including gps location, charging status, alerts, and bunch of other wonderful stuff). It is a standard OBD-II port, and Nicky (from transport evolved) has written up an installation guide to go with Michael's user guide.

Thanks to everyone involved. If you have a Roadster and a Twizy, you can monitor them both from one App.

I really love it when Renault goes crazy.

Take the Twizy add some KERS and a few wings here and there, shake, and voilà:

The insane RenaultSport Twizy F1 concept

Oh sweet Lord it's the Renault Twizy F1 - BBC Top Gear

teslamnl.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Talking about small cars visit the Smart and Cinquecento forums, you will see posts like "another fatality" are not so rare.

Get an Ampera and you will be a lot safer and faster.

With actual US crash statistics, smarts really aren't that bad. Smarts have lower fatality rates than a few SUVs and pickups out there.

Someone mentioned it on an earlier post, but microcars like this fare really well in vehicle to vehicle crashes, as they rely fully (Twizy) or heavily (smart) on crumple zones in other vehicles. They aren't that great for stationary objects as the deceleration forces can be nasty, though the passenger compartment will remain well intact.

Smart does have some really neat features such as the car's suspension, windshield, and engine being included as part of the crumple zones. For safety tests that can be compared across vehicle classes like side crash tests, they still hit 5 stars.

A lot of fatal smart accidents come in the Cabrio variety which don't have a complete roll cage / safety cell and thus suffer greater deformation in high speed collisions.

I feel much safer in my smart than most any other compact to subcompact out there. It's very far from a Tesla, but a Tesla is the safest vehicle out on the road.