TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Renting Model S

Discussion in 'Canada' started by r25patel, Jan 3, 2014.

Tags:
  1. r25patel

r25patel New Member

Hi folks,
    Just joined TMC today so hello.

I was hoping to get a Model S for my wedding (April 26th) rather than having a Limo but can't seem to find one in Toronto/Mississauga.

Does anyone have any suggestions of where I could rent one for the day?

Cheers

2. eepic

eepic Supporting Member

Welcome! I checked on this back in the fall (all the rental companies I could think of, as well as with TM staff at Yorkdale) and unfortunately no one in the GTA offers a Model S for rental.

I would say you would either have to see if there are any kind owners here willing to help, or maybe try speaking to a manager at one of the stores or service centers to see if they can arrange something special for your wedding.

3. jkliu47

jkliu47 Member

Just arrange for an extended 'test drive' on your wedding day! :biggrin:

4. Illgoelectric

Illgoelectric New Member

If you've never driven one, I guess you shouldn't do so on your wedding day, unless either you're ok with an immediate divorce or your fiancee is a Teslahead like you. Othervise all that attention which should go to "she who must me obeyed" will go to the car, with inevitable consequences.

• Funny x 1
  5. Canuck

Canuck Well-Known Member

I can see a problem for rentals with those A packs out there and the easy manner (apparently) in which batteries can be swapped... and also with high mileage batteries.

6. rentmyx

rentmyx Member

would u rent an X instead, this service comes with a driver and you can do a photoshoot with the car if you choose.
    www.rentmodelx.com

7. kzod

kzod Member

Self-promote much?

8. Hugh Mannity

Hugh Mannity Mediocre Member

There are usually a couple Teslii on turo.com in the Toronto area

• Like x 1
  9. hingisfan

hingisfan hingisfan_Mark_V

OP was looking for this in 2014....either he plans way ahead or the time has come and gone....

• Informative x 1
  10. agloutney

agloutney Member

I guess Turo wasn't around back then.