Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Repair or replace front bumper?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would it be more cost effective to repair or replace the M3P front bumper. The scuffs are pretty deep!! Would rather not claim against insurance

Attachments

• 9BC7C6E7-C681-4809-97AF-B77842386632.png
    9BC7C6E7-C681-4809-97AF-B77842386632.png
    2 MB · Views: 229
Be around £200-£300 for a decent bodyshop to do this work for you. Based on what I had done on my car May last year - very similar had deep scratches on both corners of the bumper that needed fill and respray - they take off the bumper and do the whole thing regardless.

Reactions: Gwyn1975
I've got a similar damage probably half the size of yours and I had it quoted by an approved Tesla body shop in the midlands. Bumper off, repair and respray has come out at £1,800. I've taken it to another Tesla approved shop and I'm awaiting their quote but I imagine it will be comparable. Definitely an insurance job for me!

chips away wont work on tesla's i've tried very recently.

bumpers are way cheaper than expected aswell but thats unpainted. £392, paintwork to paint it £520
I get why some dent removal companies don't want to work on the aluminium panels since dent removal on those is different to steel and they may not have the tools / skills but I can't see why logically they would shun a non metallic black plastic bumper. Not doubting what you said just can't see it makes any sense.