Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wheel arch paint repair - ADAS reset?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My M3 suffered a slight scuff on the wheel arch in a car park due to someone driving into the next space forwards and clipping it. They owned up and their insurance will cover the repair. However the repairer I'm using at Tesla's recommendation has said "please be advised that your vehicle may require an Adas reset once damage bumper is removed if so this would result in an extra cost of around £220.00 plus vat".

I'm just wondering what this is. Is this more involved than just driving around to recalibrate the cameras? Is a non-Tesla garage going to be able to do anything more than that?

Cheers!

tbh, plenty of situations where bumpers have been removed and no need of any ‘recalibration’ - front bumper removal is a common access method that Tesla mobile use to access front of car and no way do they spend £220 worth of time (or even £1 worth) recalibrating anything. And that’s with cars that have USS - if your car is more recent and doesn’t have USS then it’s definitely BS.

tbh, plenty of situations where bumpers have been removed and no need of any ‘recalibration’ - front bumper removal is a common access method that Tesla mobile use to access front of car and no way do they spend £220 worth of time (or even £1 worth) recalibrating anything. And that’s with cars that have USS - if your car is more recent and doesn’t have USS then it’s definitely BS.
It does have USS. I didn't realise newer cars didn't. I see the Tesla website says summon and autopark don't work on these cars while they make their camera based "Tesla Vision" up to the task of replacing them. Sounds rather like the cr*p auto wipers that don't work properly as Tesla rely on the cameras rather than age old trusted rain sensors in every other car. So apparently you don't need a radar, USS or rain sensors. If only the cameras were up to the job of replacing them.