Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Repairing Rear Bumper - San Jose

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was rear-ended last week that caused some cosmetic damage to my rear bumper (scratches). I reached out to [email protected] to schedule an appointment to inspect and repair my bumper and received the following response:

"Just need a damage estimate – generally your insurance can send one to you if you give them pictures of the damage. Or utilize one of our certified shops such as Service King. We do not generate damage estimates here."

Does anyone have any experience with repairing cosmetic damage to their rear bumper in San Jose through the approved Tesla body shop (Tesla Body Repair Center – San Jose)? I am confused as to why they are stating that I need a damage estimate when all I want to do is schedule an appointment to bring the car in to be fixed.

I was also asked by the other party's insurance carrier (StateFarm) if I would like to bring my vehicle into one of their approved body shops (not Tesla) for them to repair.

Since Tesla is not answering my question properly should I just go with the StateFarm approved body shop?