Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thoughts on 2020 Model 3 collision? [Is this totaled?]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Initiating this discussion to seek input from the community regarding the extent of the damage caused by the collision. Additionally, I would appreciate any insights on the estimated time required for the repairs to be completed.

On August 4th, 2023, I was involved in a collision that rendered my vehicle undrivable. Currently, it is at the auto body shop for an initial estimate of the damages.

The car has incurred the following main damages:
  1. The rear wheel is damaged and misaligned.
  2. The rear driver-side door has significant damages and is jammed.
  3. There is damage to the panel under the door.
  4. Additionally, the bumper has also suffered some damage.
-Saurabh

Attachments

• Tesla_Rear_Damage.jpg
    Tesla_Rear_Damage.jpg
    636.6 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_4909 2.JPG
    IMG_4909 2.JPG
    348.4 KB · Views: 120
  • Disagree
Reactions: Kairide
IMHO, if no fluids leaked and your airbags didn’t deploy, you’re more likely looking at a repair and a long one at that. Don’t ask us for an estimate as we don’t have any collision guys. Your insurance and the body shops are way better at this than we could be. Plus you profile indicate just “CA”. We have no clue what the regional difference would be depending on zip code.

I had far more damage to my 2020 M3 and it wasn't considered to be totaled. I had to have the trunk lid, the front bumper and both front quarter panels replaced after a truck backed into my car. The price tag for all this was about $9200. Your body damage looks minimal but perhaps there has been some damage to your wheel that makes it not drivable?

Reactions: sjtj2647
Here is the latest update members:
1. Tesla collision repair center in bay area had no availability ( Tesla suggested sending the car to Southern california). They were able to find authorized repair center who had availability, they have towed the car yesterday and are going to removed the damaged parts and provide me an estimate in 2-3 days ( at a high level they are estimating it is going to take 1 month to close but a lot can change once the estimates come out and when parts gets delivered)

I will keep this thread updated.

I had far more damage to my 2020 M3 and it wasn't considered to be totaled. I had to have the trunk lid, the front bumper and both front quarter panels replaced after a truck backed into my car. The price tag for all this was about $9200. Your body damage looks minimal but perhaps there has been some damage to your wheel that makes it not drivable?
Yes it is damage to the wheel that i am most concerned and if there is any damage to battery

Here is a short update on my case. Other driver's insurance ( farmer's) accepted the liability. Now i am waiting for some field guy to come and estimate and approve the work. In the meantime i have got a rental until the car is fixed. Also i am starting to look into option of filing a diminished value claim ( still researching though)