Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Repeating Latching Sound

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We took delivery of our 3 on Friday. Loving it so far, I’m actually surprised the fit and finish seems better than on our early-ish S and X deliveries.

Haven’t encountered any real issues thus far, but have one odd noise that I haven’t seen anyone else post about.

Very front of car, frunk area. Maybe slightly towards passenger side. A repeating electrical ‘latching’ sound. It happens every 7-8 seconds while the car is off or awake, but parked.

I noticed it Saturday night while parked in the garage. I’ve randomly checked on it since and sometimes it’s not making the sound. But most times I’ve checked, it’s doing it.

The sound is not loud, but more than just barely audible. It sounds kind of like the frunk latch sound. Maybe not exact. But similar. And our frunk is working fine. It patched and unlatched without issue. So not sure what it could be. I’ll call the Service center/delivery team. But wanted to see if anyone has had similar experience.

I took mine in a few weeks back. They hadn’t seen it before and they ended up replacing all the louvres. Unfortunately that didn’t resolve it. They asked me to record the sound and send again and I did, even though it was essentially the same sound! I think they were stalling.

So I’m still on 4.9 firmware. So if 4.18 solves it great! The car now has close to 2000 miles on it and it hasn’t had an impact on it at all other than the sound.