Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Replace rear deflector with rear fog lights/turn signals

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2016 Model X, and one of the rear reflectors was recently damaged. I'm waiting to see how much the part is from Tesla, but that got me wondering... Has anyone here replaced the rear reflectors with turn signals (tapping into power etc. from the turn signals, of course), or rear foglights/brake lights?

If so, please post a link to what you got and how you like them. If you could also post how easy/difficult the installation was, and any other thoughts, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

I did this for the Model 3. They were $70 shipped from a store on Aliexpress. They claim to work on the Model 3 and Model Y but the reflector looks similar to the Model X.

They use a y cable connected to the tail lights and there are four methods of installation from easy to hard. I don't know which would apply to the Model X

For all:
- Remove contents of trunk, remove under storage cover, partially remove insulation, remove truck hatch plastic trim, remove rear light

Method 1: 2021+ Model 3 and maybe Model Y have an access panel under the bumper. Using this you can easy snake wires to the tail lights in two steps. From the tail lights to the access opening, from the access opening to the reflector.

Method 2: Snake from tail light to the wheel well, remove the wheel well cover, snake to the reflector

Method 3: Snake directly from the tail light to the reflector by bending the bumper near the tail light out to create an opening. This method is what I see on Youtube except it ruins the tail light seal because the wire goes through it

Method 4: Remove rear bumper

Maybe post a question if they work for Model X