Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Replacement cord for wall charger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How old is it, and is it a Gen1, Gen2, or Gen3 HPWC?

Gen1, you are just out of luck. You can probably buy a new cord on Ebay if you have the skills to put it in.

Gen2, you are probably out of luck, but if it was bought in the past four years its probably under warranty and Tesla will replace it with a Gen3. If not, see the answer for Gen1.

Gen3, you are probably in luck, if you bought the HPWC yourself. Tesla will replace it.

Unfortunately I bought it from someone who received it as a gift from Tesla so I don't know how they would handle it.

Any idea what to search for on eBay? I have looked for cords but must not be using the correct search terms.

Thank you

Unfortunately I bought it from someone who received it as a gift from Tesla so I don't know how they would handle it.

Any idea what to search for on eBay? I have looked for cords but must not be using the correct search terms.

Thank you
I used "Tesla HPWC cable" and came up with these:

www.ebay.com/itm/285481395480 is a Gen3 cable you probably don't want. Its also only 18 feet.

www.ebay.com/itm/155813029307 appears to be for a Gen 2 or 1, but I'm a little suspicious about it having only two signal wires instead of four and I >thought< the power lines were much longer in a Gen2. That said, it says "Gen2" right on the tag.

I also found some on alibaba for $80 that also only have two signal wires.

I used "Tesla HPWC cable" and came up with these:

www.ebay.com/itm/285481395480 is a Gen3 cable you probably don't want. Its also only 18 feet.

www.ebay.com/itm/155813029307 appears to be for a Gen 2 or 1, but I'm a little suspicious about it having only two signal wires instead of four and I >thought< the power lines were much longer in a Gen2. That said, it says "Gen2" right on the tag.

I also found some on alibaba for $80 that also only have two signal wires.
Wow, thank you.

I appreciate the help!

1000004758.jpg1000004756.jpg

So I do have the 4 signal wires so I'm thinking the eBay one won't work.

Definitely need 24'. Longer would be better.

Attaching a couple photos. It looks like I don't have a level 3.