Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Replacement Plastic Tabs for Sunshade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I purchased the panoramic sun roof sunshade/cover a few months ago. Last week, while trying to reposition the sunshade, one of the little plastic tabs that keeps the shade in place broke off.

My shade is now held in place by 3 tabs (1 in the back and 2 on the sides). The front is literally held in place by the tension on the wire within the frame of the shade. I am trying to see if there is a way to order just the plastic tabs. Does anyone have a part number for this?

Tesla customer chat asked to email the online shop. Calls to my local service center always go to voicemail. Kinda out of ideas on where to look for this part. I am concerned that one of these days, the shade might come down while I'm driving the car.

I purchased the panoramic sun roof sunshade/cover a few months ago. Last week, while trying to reposition the sunshade, one of the little plastic tabs that keeps the shade in place broke off.car.

There are plastic tabs?? Mine just fits in by tension of wire frame. Now perhaps mine never came with them. When the sunroof is open it does chatter a lot at speed.

Reactions: aerodyne
Check your storage bag. The tabs are shipped loose in the bag. They are black and very small - very easy to miss. Then again, this is Tesla we’re talking about. They may have not bothered to ship them as well.
I got mine at the service center, so they may have been robbed from the packaging prior or the set was a prior Rev level. If you get a chance though a pic would be great if you can. Sorry I cannot help you as you can see I guess I am four down here.