Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Replacement wheels in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello All,

I have 21" silver cyclones on my Model S and up to last week, have managed to avoid any major damage to them, largely due to installing rimpro-tec protectors on them when new. Unfortunately, I managed to rub the right rear rim on a low slung roundabout and that was too much for the protector and tore it off and scratched up about half of the rim edge. I'm going to get that repaired and install a new protector.

However, that got me thinking, and along with the rapid wear of the tyres (I've done about 22,000k and I reckon there's only 5-10,000k left on them), and the high cost of 21" replacements, I'm thinking of swapping out to 19's instead.

I know I could probably pick up a set of OEM original rims or Slipstreams quite easily from others doing upgrades, but I do like the Cyclones and would prefer them. In fact, I quite like the 19" TST tsportline wheels in Metallic grey. I can't find anyone that sells them in Australia, but I note that some of you have mentioned you have them, so I'm presuming you must have imported them yourselves. If you did, did you encounter any problems?

If anyone has a set of them lying around or a set of 19" cyclones you want to offload, please let me know.

Unfortunately with tyres you do get what you pay for. Yes you could get a set of 4 21" tyres for under 600. But they would be a cheapie import special, most likely with a low wear rating and may not have the weight rating.
On the other hand having 60 odd kilos worth of wheels posted from the states seems almost easy. 19" tyres are everywhere and were factory fit on statesmans and fairlanes a few years ago.