Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Replacing 19" sport rim

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My brother in law managed to massively curb one of the 19" sport rims on my brand new M3D. Will service centers replace rims (in exchange for $, obviously.) I really don't need/want another set of tires and rims entirely and I like the 19" sport rims.

Is rim replacement something the SCs will do with an appointment? If so, anyone know about how much they charge for the rim + labor to replace it?

I'm sure you can order one rim from your local service center and have them replace it. Or you can look at the market place forum where many people are selling their OEM rims. If the damage to the rim is not too bad you can look into your local rim repair place.

I'm sure you can order one rim from your local service center and have them replace it. Or you can look at the market place forum where many people are selling their OEM rims. If the damage to the rim is not too bad you can look into your local rim repair place.

Sadly it's well beyond repair - I have gone that route in the past. The SC would be easiest, but I was/am totally unsure if they will replace just one rim.

I had my rim replaced at my local SC for $412 out the door. It took them maybe 15 minutes. I was quoted nearly $300 from a rim repair place for a tiny scuff (< 1/2"). The repair was going to be done with the tire on and I knew in the back of my mind it wouldn't be good as new so I let my OCD get the best of me and took it to the SC. I was in and out in no time and was able to recoup some of my money back by selling the rim on CL.

I had my rim replaced at my local SC for $412 out the door. It took them maybe 15 minutes. I was quoted nearly $300 from a rim repair place for a tiny scuff (< 1/2"). The repair was going to be done with the tire on and I knew in the back of my mind it wouldn't be good as new so I let my OCD get the best of me and took it to the SC. I was in and out in no time and was able to recoup some of my money back by selling the rim on CL.
I’ll provide an updated price as I just stuffed my rim (first time in 30yrs of driving) on an object in the road. I was quoted $225 for rim repair by a local shop, OCD says replace it.