Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Replacing cabin air filter and cleaning evaporator fins in 2021-2022 MS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't know yet, he said he is going to try but we will see. Ill post back once I get my car back.
Sorry, been a while (forgot about this post).
They ended up replacing my whole HEPA assembly under warranty. They said they found a crack in the case that was leaking water. They showed me a video of it leaking, it was pretty bad. It appeared to me to be leaking form the evap case. The video was in very tight so not much to use as a frame of reference of where the video was from.
But been a month and no smell. But I also have the Filterwares and the water dam mod going on.

For Refresh Model S Palladium:
I pulled out my 15x15" under frunk HEPA filter and smell went away right away, after driving with no filter for a few days; night and day difference right away. Tesla now sells just the 15x15 under the frunk bio hepa filter, and you no longer have to buy the entire housing. Good update I think, and service quoted $115+tax for part which I am installing myself:
View attachment 1044271
This was a great post. I went in a few weeks ago and it was the whole kit including the enclosure and went in on Sunday and sure enough I was able to order this. I have the sock and will be installing the dam as soon as this kit comes in.

Did anyone spray any evaporator cleaner or other substance down/inside the HEPA enclosure or cabin filter area to neutralize the socks smell or does it just go away with the work here ?

This was a great post. I went in a few weeks ago and it was the whole kit including the enclosure and went in on Sunday and sure enough I was able to order this. I have the sock and will be installing the dam as soon as this kit comes in.

Did anyone spray any evaporator cleaner or other substance down/inside the HEPA enclosure or cabin filter area to neutralize the socks smell or does it just go away with the work here ?
It just goes away once the filter is replaced. It does not appear possible to get to the evaporator with the current design.

Reactions: Proppilot

Attachments

• IMG_8738.jpeg
    IMG_8738.jpeg
    801.6 KB · Views: 6