Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Replacing cabin air filter and cleaning evaporator fins in 2021-2022 MS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting. I would not have thought it could draw enough airflow through just that foam considering what gets delivered to the cabin when the fan is on HI but that does make sense from a 'why is there foam there' perspective. I doubt it seals that well considering the picture I posted above of my sock would not have been likely (to have that much buildup on top of the sock) if that sock was nicely pressed up against the under side of the frunk.
Umm. You see that grille on the underwood cover don’t you!? They’d RJ w air intake it presses against

Interesting. I would not have thought it could draw enough airflow through just that foam considering what gets delivered to the cabin when the fan is on HI but that does make sense from a 'why is there foam there' perspective. I doubt it seals that well considering the picture I posted above of my sock would not have been likely (to have that much buildup on top of the sock) if that sock was nicely pressed up against the under side of the frunk.
The foam presses against the underside of the upper apron. This forces the air to come through the vented section of the apron. The foam and sock never actually touch the underside of the frunk.

The foam presses against the underside of the upper apron. This forces the air to come through the vented section of the apron. The foam and sock never actually touch the underside of the frunk.
Ahhhh DUH....(on me !) yes, I am picturing this thing without the apron in place....... makes total sense ! Sorry about the mind lapse.....fully see it now....

Reactions: Bull
Another question. My dam is becoming unstuck. Anyone have luck with just the filter wears sock? I’m wondering if I still need the damn.
I would definitely keep the dam. My sock lost its hydrophobic effect in less than 5 months. The dam diverts water spray / mist away from the intake and gives it a chance to settle out of the airflow before getting to the sock.

Reactions: MFrunkerOG