Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Replacing front passenger wheel trim garnish moulding

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a crack in the front passenger wheel trim and bought a replacement. I am struggling with how to put it on. The rear portion fits easily, but I can't figure out how to get the front part to fit. I'm struggling to clear the two air exhausts (I think that is what they are) and the sensor. Any tricks or tips would be greatly appreciated.

I’m in same boat. Did you figure it out ?

Attachments

• IMG_0006.jpeg
    IMG_0006.jpeg
    302.7 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0007.jpeg
    IMG_0007.jpeg
    305.9 KB · Views: 19
Hi,

I’m sorry I cannot be more descriptive but it has been a long time since I replaced mine.

At the front bottom of the garnish there is another piece of plastic that connects to the garnish with a torx screw.
The screw in mine was easily overlooked because the part was full of dirt and road grime.

If you cannot find it or cannot remove the torx screw don’t be afraid to ask for help from Tesla. The labor for them to install it was less than $20. (Mobile service)

Good luck,

Shawn

Reactions: Zeeshan Javaid
Hi,

I’m sorry I cannot be more descriptive but it has been a long time since I replaced mine.

At the front bottom of the garnish there is another piece of plastic that connects to the garnish with a torx screw.
The screw in mine was easily overlooked because the part was full of dirt and road grime.

If you cannot find it or cannot remove the torx screw don’t be afraid to ask for help from Tesla. The labor for them to install it was less than $20. (Mobile service)

Good luck,

Shawn
I already installed the screws and front bottom. It’s just the clips on front half of garnish are not getting in. May be I need to adjust sensor or air vents behind it but I don’t see any video or instructions on how to do that.