Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reports Say Tesla Plans To Open 1 New Service Center Per Week In 2021

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TMC Staff

May 19, 2017
Tesla’s service situation needs to catch up with its growing sales. As reported by Electrek, a person familiar with Tesla‘s upcoming plans shared that the company informed staff that a huge service center expansion is coming. This is, of course, to better equip the electric automaker to deal with its growing fleet of vehicles, which has now exceeded...
[WPURI="https://teslamotorsclub.com/blog/2020/10/29/tesla-expanding-service-centers/"]READ FULL ARTICLE[/WPURI]

This sounds promising. Could it be possible I'll eventually be able to get my 2015 Model S eMMC failure fixed (the last update that would load was in late 2019, no navigation since then). We hear of fixes being implemented in the US but not available in Oz yet, if ever. Just waiting for the car to become undriveable.

Almost too little too late. Dummies like me who paid $143,560.00 for a P90D Luda + that must drive 150 miles round trip just to be told it's "not a warranty problem" (wheel vibrations-wheel known problem) or that was a "pre-existing condition" which should have been a re-call (goey dripping splooge coming out of both screens). I won't be wasting my time or money on a vehicle that doesn't have local "businessmen/women" who own their own dealership and acts as YOUR REPRESENTATIVE to the manufacturer. Tesla knows what vehicles should be re-called, having more service centers won't help. There are roughly 17,000 new car dealers in America. Tesla will never be able to compete with just 2 service centers in each state. The next car that I buy will have dealers in each and every city that I am going to. When you do the math, dealerships would make Tesla a lot more money as well. My hourly rate is $950/hour if you want anymore advice.

They need to properly staff the ones they have and NOT build out new locations. Empty buildings do nothing. Our region (Rocky Mountain) now has three locations around Denver with the newest one being built this year on the North end (Superior) and they ALL suck. I had very high hopes for the newest location but the experience is: new location, same worthless service. Service in this entire region still sucks and they just keep building new buildings that offer sucky service. Another one is going to be up and running in Colorado Springs soon and it will likely be staffed poorly as well. They need to properly staff and empower the locations they currently have with those resources. Being able to point to locations on a map sure looks great but if they're not actually servicing your customers... what's the point?

I love it! Couldn't have said it better. As one of my kids says: "Dad, don't get Mad. What can you do; "WHEN IT SUCKS...IT SUCKS!"
Until they decide to allow capitalism into their service process by selling dealerships (for $25 to 50 million or more each, Tesla will be plagued with clerks and postal workers who have no interest in convincing an existing customer to purchase another Tesla. They don't care, it's just more work for them. No local businessman with $50 million invested looking over their shouldsaer.

What can you say..."When it Sucks, it Sucks"!

They need to properly staff the ones they have and NOT build out new locations. Empty buildings do nothing. Our region (Rocky Mountain) now has three locations around Denver with the newest one being built this year on the North end (Superior) and they ALL suck. I had very high hopes for the newest location but the experience is: new location, same worthless service. Service in this entire region still sucks and they just keep building new buildings that offer sucky service. Another one is going to be up and running in Colorado Springs soon and it will likely be staffed poorly as well. They need to properly staff and empower the locations they currently have with those resources. Being able to point to locations on a map sure looks great but if they're not actually servicing your customers... what's the point?
A SC is needed badly in Maine. Mid to Northern Mainers have to drive a really long way to get svc.

I love it! Couldn't have said it better. As one of my kids says: "Dad, don't get Mad. What can you do; "WHEN IT SUCKS...IT SUCKS!"
Until they decide to allow capitalism into their service process by selling dealerships (for $25 to 50 million or more each, Tesla will be plagued with clerks and postal workers who have no interest in convincing an existing customer to purchase another Tesla. They don't care, it's just more work for them. No local businessman with $50 million invested looking over their shouldsaer.

What can you say..."When it Sucks, it Sucks"!

The Postal Workers in our local office are really nice and fairly efficient. Better customer service than a lot of the other businesses.

One one site, I saw where someone suggested that Tesla buy out old Sears autobody shops. I thought this was brilliant. They would have the building, lifts, etc. and they are already located in convenient places across the country. I live in Vermont, and the closest service center is out of state and/or out of the country in Canada, whose border has been closed for Covid, three hours away. I got one of the first cars available back in 2012/13. I would have thought that eight years later, there would have been service centers around.

Three+ hours away is NOT better than other car companies. Why do they pile service centers on top of one another in cities, and then have them be out of reach for the rest of the country? They do this with superchargers, too. If it's really about getting somewhere, then spread them out. Here, they have a SC in South Burlington, and are going to be building another less than ten miles away...I don't get it.

But back on topic, it is do or die time, where I have to make a decision about selling the car. I can't afford to have it towed three hours away and three hours back. They will be losing a lot of sales because of their ridiculous plan, or lack thereof. I love the car, but I can't worry about it breaking down. Have you noticed that their forum is read-only now. I guess they don't want any negativity.

I bought the car because of environmental reasons; I'm not rich. Remember Elon saying that service was not to be a money maker? What do they charge as an hourly rate...? More than I do for an entire day substitute teaching! I'm a retired teacher. I really wanted to get an electric truck, but I don't want to deal with the service challenges of Tesla. I guess I'm done with this company unless they can be transparent and let us know the timeline and location of service centers.

Reactions: MikeHawk