Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Request for data from those w/ instrumented cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My engineering partner and I are creating a heat transfer model of the Tesla TMS.
In order to calibrate the model we need data from Model S or X cars.
What we are focusing on right now are battery temperatures during a super charging event. Obviously any other data that is available is welcome as well such as coolant flows coolant temps etc.

We would prefer a super charging session from a low state of charge and in a warm ambient temperature and with a super charger at it's full output power. We are trying to gauge the effectiveness of the battery cooling system. Once we calibrate the model then we can make appropriate changes and predict how more improved the Model 3 cooling system is and whether or not it can handle 525 amps of charging current.

My partner is an HVAC engineer, a licensed PE and owns his own HVAC firm in Redding California. He has the appropriate tools to model the system but we have to calibrate the model against known data.

We both volunteer all our time. We have zero financial gain in this effort other than an intellectual interest in the engineering aspects......so if you can help please send me a PM-thx.

Thx,
George and Keith