Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

requirements for wall mounting a powerwall

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Weird on the Woodside fire dept’s “water” issue. When we were looking to place our 3 PWs on our garage floor the location was a slight downslope from our elevated water heater. We were concerned that if the water heater developed a leak it would run into the base of the PWs. We even asked if we should have a concrete footer created. We were assured the placement would be of no issue. The units are designed to go outside and I think were told essentially waterproof/sealed for the lower I want to say 2/3rds of the unit, the sensitive electrical equipment being located at the top. I can see a potential issue if placed in a basement that could flood maybe if a house fire resulted in all the fire fighting water filling the basement but that would be a lot of water spread out over the entire basement floor. In our case any damaging water event would drain out of our garage with the houses being elevated above street level and garage floors sloped toward the street.

BTW are Santa Clara County and they had no issues stacking 2 PWs together floor mounted and anchored to the wall. Here’s a photo illustrating where our water heater release line is in relation to our PWs. Happy having them paint our conduit and PVC to match the wall color which we had on hand (before and after). Just a cleaner less cluttered look IMO.

BA7DF3A0-8C9E-494B-9F62-DDF39ED3A89B.jpeg 110A5E2E-D260-45D3-A1D2-097B01EDE22C.jpeg

Last edited:
I also prefer to use a TV wall mount for this.

? Powerwalls come with their own mounting hardware. Most TV wall mounts are not going to hold the weight of a powerwall, and since the powerwall comes with its own mounting hardware (and has zero need to tilt or otherwise come away from the wall), I dont think I understand what you are after.