TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Research into autonomous vehicle functions and impact on motor insurance

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by Darren.Power, Jul 26, 2017.

1. Darren.Power

Darren.Power Member

Hi All,

I am currently doing some research into autonomous functions and how they will impact motor insurance. To get the perspective of drivers, I figures a Tesla owners forum would be a good start given then level of autonomy available with autopilot.

I was hoping to pose a few questions and maybe generate some discussion.

I was wondering how aware you were of the autonomous functions prior to purchase?

How much consideration was the autonomous functions in your purchase decision?

What level of trust would you put in the autonomous functions and have they influenced your driving for better of worse?

What impacts do you feel increasing level of autonomy will have on the motor insurance industry and what has been your experience so far with regards with insurance purchase?

2. Darren.Power

Darren.Power Member

Sorry guys. I meant to post this into the autonomous section. Can't seem to find a delete option. Atleast not on the phone