Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Retrofit my Tesla, that’s so Raven.

What would be the coolest retrofit Raven parts?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think there's silica wiring.

The drive inverter for the switched reluctance motor uses silicon carbide based transistors in the power electronics for reduced losses.
Also @Saghost, does this mean the wiring is in the motor? So upgrading motor is same as getting the siliconium carbonic acid wiring? I don’t understand the science ...

Pros:
- Range
- More efficient power train
- Faster charging
- Updated MCU/AP combo

Cons:
- no pano roof
- no RWD
- no real leather
- no alcantara
- no reimbursement for taking the leap of faith and buying FSD
- serious hit to the wallet for prematurely replacing the perfectly working vehicle
- breaking my own promise to reach 100k miles or more on this car

Further justification to chose reason over lust:
- we all got partial bump in charging speeds, which helps
- the SC network is only expanding, making less and less places without a reach, even by S75

Of course, I listen to the voice of reason today. Who knows about tomorrow :)
Ah but that is the great hope of the thread is to not abandon our cherished car... but to upgrade it to be more Raven.... money is no object in this fantasy....

I have an unhealthy emotional attachment to my Model S; specifically the pano roof and next gen REAR seat.

I want to retrofit anything that will give me significantly more range. A 100+ battery pack is most logical.

PS - I know 19's would help, but the 21's look perfect. :cool:
Hey battery pack upgrade is totally doable... that is probably easy.... the Raven part though is the challenge... can it be done and if so how given the technology?

Well crap!

Got the new Raven Model X today and my worst fears have come true. My model S is clearly less than the Raven platform.....

Car is Jaw droppingly quiet in comparison.

Immediately noticeably smoothness with suspension

A Wicked FSD computer just handled the the twisty road 2222 at night at speed.... gracefully and just kind of nuts its so good. I thought my AP2 was supposed to be better for a while? No!

The other suprising thing is the tight finishes with interior and how much more competent and quick the falcon wing doors are on this Model X.

So, here is the deal, I can live without the efficient front motor.... and I can always find aftermarket ways of dealing with sound.... but the suspension is caught me off guard. I didn't expect it to improve the car so much. It's like a mercedes with the adaptive suspension is the best way I can describe it.... but unlike mercedes it has better center of gravity and electric powertrain.... is is remarkably quiet. The suspension MUST be retrofittable! It MUST!