Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Retrofitting front seats - experiences?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi folks,

I thought I'd ask here before I pester the nice people at my local Service/Sales center (goodness knows they have enough to do).

We bought a new LRMS in Dec 2019, and I think the front seats are different than in the MS we test drove about a year before (maybe the design changed in the interim?). I love the seats, but my partner finds them really uncomfortable. He was OK with the ones on our test drive. So I'm now looking into the possibilities of retrofitting different front seats.

We did have a 2016 MS loaner car for a couple of weeks while Tesla fixed some delivery issues (all good, very nice service!), and those seats were much more comfortable for my partner.

I guess my main questions are:
Is it possible to switch out the seats?
And if so, is it better to ask Tesla to do it (for warranty reasons) or are there third parties who can do a good job and not affect my warranty?

Curious to hear anyone's experiences/advice here (nederlands gaat prima).

Cheers,
Lori

Hi folks,

I thought I'd ask here before I pester the nice people at my local Service/Sales center (goodness knows they have enough to do).

We bought a new LRMS in Dec 2019, and I think the front seats are different than in the MS we test drove about a year before (maybe the design changed in the interim?). I love the seats, but my partner finds them really uncomfortable. He was OK with the ones on our test drive. So I'm now looking into the possibilities of retrofitting different front seats.

We did have a 2016 MS loaner car for a couple of weeks while Tesla fixed some delivery issues (all good, very nice service!), and those seats were much more comfortable for my partner.

I guess my main questions are:
Is it possible to switch out the seats?
And if so, is it better to ask Tesla to do it (for warranty reasons) or are there third parties who can do a good job and not affect my warranty?

Curious to hear anyone's experiences/advice here (nederlands gaat prima).

Cheers,
Lori

You may want to contact these guys (site in Dutch):

You searched for tesla - Ellermeyer

(I'm happy with my standard stock M3 seats though)