Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Retrofitting Passenger Lumbar Support

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you think we'll be able to add passenger lumbar support back in at a later date when supply chain issues are less of an issue? I've seen pics floating around of how the wiring infrastructure for the lumbar support is still present and I've seen Model 3 lumbar supports on sale on Ebay haha.
I actually reached out to a youtube duo that I follow (Daerik) and asked about this. They do a lot of interesting videos about swapping stuff around (they changed out the center console to update it, for example). In the reply, one of the dudes said they were looking into it, but that it might require more access than you get as a non-Tesla tech (not just a simple plug and play).

I still think Tesla should offer this as a service - a lot of folks (myself included) would pay for this.

Reactions: Platini and play150
I actually reached out to a youtube duo that I follow (Daerik) and asked about this. They do a lot of interesting videos about swapping stuff around (they changed out the center console to update it, for example). In the reply, one of the dudes said they were looking into it, but that it might require more access than you get as a non-Tesla tech (not just a simple plug and play).

I still think Tesla should offer this as a service - a lot of folks (myself included) would pay for this.
Interesting! And yeah I would... begrudgingly pay

Reactions: Platini

DAerik is actually a pretty active member here, just not under that name. I dont watch a lot of youtube videos cause thats not really my style but I have watched a number of theirs and like them a lot.