Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reveal Party advance notice question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My reservation is from about 20 minutes before the start of the reveal and I live in Colorado. I expect to pay about $40k (far from fully optioned) so I estimate my place to be middling in the pack and unlikely to be earlier than 100k

My understanding mirrors your own, that the more expensive cars will tend to be built first.

I believe(strictly opinion) cars with the most profit margin will be first which means Autopilot and FSD. Software packages are basically straight margin outside of developments costs. AWD is another motor which not only adds steps to the build process, it has a higher cost in materials.

If the pilot production starts Feb. 20th, holding the Reveal off until the end of March doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
Since there hasn't been any official confirmation of that, I'm betting it isn't true. However, if the shutdown goes as planned and they get everything done, then I can see pilot production starting soon afterwards - maybe early to mid March.

If the pilot production starts Feb. 20th, holding the Reveal off until the end of March doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Well - it makes sense if they are trying to sell as many Model X/S's in Q1 and they are not ready to start configuring new S/X builds with whatever the "spaceship controls" are that will surely be built into S/X as soon as Model 3 Reveal Pt 3 happens.