Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reverse Camera

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I put my 2018 Tesla Model X in reverse, the entire screen shows what's behind the car. But a few weeks ago, when I put the car in reverse, the screen showed what's behind the car in the upper half of the screen only. See the attached picture. I called Tesla Support and they indicated it was a bug introduced in an update. Haven't had any updates come through for a while. Does this mean that most Tesla Model X cars have this problem? Anyone else exhibiting this behavior?

Attachments

• IMG_0949.JPG
    IMG_0949.JPG
    349.5 KB · Views: 120
  • Disagree
Reactions: spectrum
The object conflict detection is displaying something in front of the car. You might have had the wheel turned a bit and the car thought you where going to get close so it showed you the conflict in the left front quadrant. Maybe someone moved something (kid's bicycle, trash can, etc.) that is normally further away in the garage.

Back up a few feet and see that overlay goes away. Mine always splits the screen and shows conflict object distance when I back up because there are bushes along the side of my driveway and I get close to the edge of the garage door opening.

The object conflict detection is displaying something in front of the car. You might have had the wheel turned a bit and the car thought you where going to get close so it showed you the conflict in the left front quadrant. Maybe someone moved something (kid's bicycle, trash can, etc.) that is normally further away in the garage.

Back up a few feet and see that overlay goes away. Mine always splits the screen and shows conflict object distance when I back up because there are bushes along the side of my driveway and I get close to the edge of the garage door opening.

Thanks for the reply. If you look closer to the bottom left of the screen, you will see a speaker icon with an x. What is that?

When I put my 2018 Tesla Model X in reverse, the entire screen shows what's behind the car. But a few weeks ago, when I put the car in reverse, the screen showed what's behind the car in the upper half of the screen only. See the attached picture. I called Tesla Support and they indicated it was a bug introduced in an update. Haven't had any updates come through for a while. Does this mean that most Tesla Model X cars have this problem? Anyone else exhibiting this behavior?

As far as I remember, the reverse cam was always in the upper half of the screen only, with parking sensors in the lower
this screenshot is from verygreen's video made on Jun 2018
upload_2019-1-23_9-29-56.png
This screenshot is from May 2017:
upload_2019-1-23_9-32-12.png
It's not a "bug".

The speaker icon in the lower left is to silence parking sensors chimes - you tap on the icon, it gets highlighted and parking sensor chimes will not sound

Attachments

• upload_2019-1-23_9-23-2.png
    upload_2019-1-23_9-23-2.png
    189.6 KB · Views: 85
As far as I remember, the reverse cam was always in the upper half of the screen only, with parking sensors in the lower
this screenshot is from verygreen's video made on Jun 2018
View attachment 371143
This screenshot is from May 2017:
View attachment 371144
It's not a "bug".

The speaker icon in the lower left is to silence parking sensors chimes - you tap on the icon, it gets highlighted and parking sensor chimes will not sound

I stopped by Tesla Service today. They confirmed the same. Thanks for your reply. My car is working correctly!