Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Holy *sugar*! Reverse Camera stuck forever on a single frame until a hard reboot required!. be careful!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First task went to store this morning, put car in reverse to back out of a parking lot…. and the reverse camera picture was frozen! Not just for a second, but for all-time! So lucky there was noone behind me that I couldn’t see, and/or wasn’t using any FSD/autopark functions for sure. Cannot trust this car at all, it’s like owning a PC in the 90’s all over again. Maybe related to the “unannounced” SW update that may have occurred last night?? I don’t
have the time to research it now, but camera seemed to work again,
at least temporarily, after a hard reboot (brake and both selection wheels on the steering while in park). Same frozen camera frame was still there when I got home to back into my garage, insanely dangerous.

Took a video but can’t attach.

If the problem persists, get your car serviced. Is it still under warranty?

Note that pressing the brake while doing a scroll wheel reset makes no difference. It might have at some point years ago, but now that’s just an urban legend. To do a deeper reboot, power off the car from the service menu and let it sit for a few minutes (don’t open a door or use the touchscreen). Instructions in the manual.

Reactions: vcor