Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Review of TEMAI wireless charging pad

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I was one of the lucky winners of the TEMAI weekly drawings and chose their wireless charging pad.
I’ve been using this pad for about a week now, so thought I‘d do a quick review.

Pros:
- Looks and feels like a well built charger
- Nice, modern styling with the gold colored accents
- Fits securely on the Model 3 tray (no wiggling), despite not having any built-in guide rings on the back side of the pad to help ”lock” it in place
- Seems to charge my iPhone12 at a fairly decent/fast rate (I do have this charger connected directly to the 12V cigarette lighter plug to allow for fast charging capability)
- Overall, I think the TEMAI looks and performs better than my other two chargers (a gen1 Jeda and a gen2 15W fast charge Taptes). So, it’s a keeper for sure. The Jeda and Taptes will go into a drawer and eventually be tossed.

Cons:
- My iPhone12 gets quite hot after a few minutes on the TEMAI pad, even when my phone is already at 80-90% SOC when I put it on the charger. So unfortunately, it appears the TEMAI behaves pretty much the same way as the Jeda and the Taptes… gets my phone too hot in my opinion. For comparison, my phone gets just barely warm when I put on the other wireless chargers in my house. I do realize that correct placement of the phone on any charger is critical in getting a proper and efficient charge rate. So, I am not being careless when placing my phone on the TEMAI charger. I guess I just have to accept that any/all wireless chargers made for the Model 3 will get my phone hot.
- While the gold color accents do add a nice design element to the TEMAI, I think a different color (like silver) would be a better match for the interior of the Model 3. This is strictly personal preference, of course. I’m sure there are some/many folks who like the gold color.

Photos are always helpful, so here ya go…

C01151FD-0FE8-4F17-AF71-2D9DD373A9C5.jpeg

DDFFCBE8-6CC2-4BFB-9A4A-CAC7AD676580.jpeg

EF60AF0A-F4CB-49D3-B41B-EF3544173F05.jpeg

7D39D2A3-14CA-4960-8193-9303FC1D13C7.jpeg

97E9DE51-61EA-43B8-95C3-0EE5E80F57AC.jpeg

549F504D-9BD6-41B4-85CC-C01620E6C794.jpeg

7ECFB15B-3E71-414E-9CE5-F3112CFD0D75.jpeg

Yeah, I’m afraid the very top of the TEMAI charging pad does rub up against the bottom of the top tray, whenever you try to flip up the charger tray. So, when you want/need to get into the bottom storage compartment (where the port for Sentry mode drive is located on pre-2021 models), you first need to close the top tray and then lift both the charging tray and the top tray simultaneously.
I consider this a very minor annoyance, since I never really need to get into the bottom compartment where the additional USB ports are located.

My old Jeda pad also has this interference issue, because of its squared edge at the top.
My old Taptes pad does not have this issue, because it has a tapered/curved edge at the top.

Does this hold your phone in place better than what comes from the factory? In my 2018, my phone is always sliding down into the console?
Absolutely zero sliding or moving around. The slightly grippy texture/surface of this charging pad, combined with its integrated bottom horizontal lip, keep all my phones securely in place. Definitely no moving/sliding around, even during spirited drives.