Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RHD MY Long Range?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for that. I'm in Australia and wanting to order the MYLR and have been waiting for it to be released here. There is no mention of it anywhere and i couldn't even find reference to the RHD version. I want AWD and I don't really need the performance model with the harsher ride etc. I hope they release it soon.

Thanks for that. I'm in Australia and wanting to order the MYLR and have been waiting for it to be released here. There is no mention of it anywhere and i couldn't even find reference to the RHD version. I want AWD and I don't really need the performance model with the harsher ride etc. I hope they release it soon.

Perhaps you might want to check in with the Australia regional subforum here. Regular members there might have more info on that:

I'm in Australia too, waiting for a MY LR AWD RHD model to be released here too. In the USA Tesla have dropped the Y AWD pricing to under incentive thresholds (makes sense), but in Australia we need an EV to be under an LCT limit of approx $84,600 Aus, this year, to be FBT exempt under a Novated Lease (sorry a lot of Aussie tax terms, but savings are big if under). Thus the MYP is out of the question for this (above price limit). The Australian MY RWD RHD (LFP) here is 455km and 6.9s (as LFP and single motor). (Australia is a big place with less chargers than USA), In the USA the lowest spec is a MY AWD is 330miles (531km, 4.8s), so longer and faster (as NCA and dual motor). I believe a lot of people have been waiting a long time for a similar Y to be offered in Australia (MY LR AWD RHD), aka a Model Y with a Dual motor (for performance), and (longer range), under LCT limits. Note: UK is "today" getting a MY LR AWD 'right hand drive' (so I believe the exact model desired above, and by myself, is being made in China today, just not available in Aus yet, and pricing unknown (see above incentive limits)). I believe Tesla already have local Aus approvals for this model... Hope this explains what we are missing out on in Australia, and waiting for. Fingers crossed one starts to be offered and it's under LCT limits in "blue".