Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ride / sound comfort

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is my feeling. Great car with fantastic turn of pace (under 60mph) but the road noise and wind noise is unacceptable for a 60k car.

Resigned to taking the e-tron on longer journeys as it’s so much more refined. Although since getting the Tesla the Audi feels like it’s going backwards when I accelerate it feels so slow in comparison.

My 2018 car is pretty good. I think I got quite a good one for an early delivery - wind noise is fine up to a combined ~85mph (ie if I'm into a strong headwind it can get noisy at lower speeds) but it is very sensitive to road surface. As others have said, on new smooth tarmac it can feel and sound like you are floating. Then on older stuff its like you are on an unpaved surface. Unfortunately I don't think this is anything you even do anything about after market - its a suspension design problem.

What you can do is drop the tyres to 38-40 PSI to stop the crashing around town. Will cost you a mile or 2 of range, but if that last 2 miles is that critical, you have probably planned something wrong already. Could also try a slightly softer tyre - the P4S's are all out performance tyres, something slightly more forgiving might help, but again you will be compromising slightly on performance.