Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rim size and tire size

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a model y 2021 and am getting another in June. Both have the 20 inch rims. I was wondering on the knew one we are getting in June can I put 21s on it and also a wider tire in the rear like we have on our Maserati. Also can you put a1 inch spacer on the wheels. Thank you for your help. Joe

You can install the Tesla Uberturbine staggered front and rear wheels that come with the Performance Model Y on the Long Range Model Y with no fit issue. I believe Model Y owners have installed 285 width tires on the rear with no issue. Not sure about adding a spacer.

Tesla Uberturbine Wheels

Front Wheel 21" x 9.5", OE front tire spec 255/35R-21 XL 98W, Offset +40

Rear Wheel 21 x 10.5", OE rear tire spec 275/35R-21 XL 103W, Offset +48

The Tesla Model Y Wheel Guide

Why would anyone do it? We all try to replace 21" Uberturbines with 19" wheels for more comfortable driving...
Because they look awesome, MY gets raked look. If you have decent road where you live, Uberturbines drive like you are on rails. Much better than 19 inch stock wheels.
Yes, you loose about 10% efficiency and you need to replace it more often.
But if you are ok with all of this you can score Uberturbines for $2200-2500 here.

• Informative
Reactions: jcanoe
Why would anyone do it? We all try to replace 21" Uberturbines with 19" wheels for more comfortable driving...
I guess any ride is better than our 458 or Qp. The tesla is just so smooth such a superior car. My brother has the 21's on his performance y and it really rides nice. I'm absolution over regular fuel cars. Anybody want to buy a maz or Ferrari. They are junk compared to tesla. At least in my book now after having a y for 5 months, by the way thank you so much for the advice it is much appreciated. Joe