Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can I Reset Tire Diameter in Service Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have replaced the standard 235/45 18 tires with 255/45 18 tires on my 2021 M3 RWD. The new tires have a larger diameter (27 vs 26.3 inches). This change affects speedometer accuracy and maybe projected range, efficiency, and the like. Anyone know if there is a way to use service mode to correct the tire size?

Do you feel any difference of comfort, especially when passing above a pothole?
Dou think this will better protect the rim against curb rash?
Any noticeable effect on the energy consumption?

How many miles did you drive on the previous set of tires?
Did you rotated them regularly?

What type of tires did you installed?
Did you make an alignment? If so, can you show a copy of the old and new alignment?

Do you feel any difference of comfort, especially when passing above a pothole?
Dou think this will better protect the rim against curb rash?
Any noticeable effect on the energy consumption?

How many miles did you drive on the previous set of tires?
Did you rotated them regularly?

What type of tires did you installed?
Did you make an alignment? If so, can you show a copy of the old and new alignment?
Sorry for the delay. Still assessing the consequences of the tire upgrade.
Regarding comfort, the new tires are smoother and less harsh over uneven pavement and expansion joints. But that may just be because the old tires were at the end of their life (25,000 miles, but only rotated once because wear seemed pretty even).
The new tires also appear to be less efficient. But that may be a combination of hot weather recently and the fact that the new tires have better grip and more rolling resistance because they have more tread.
I have scheduled an alignment and will ask for the pertinent settings.
The new tires are Continental Extreme Contact DS06 Plus (255/45 18).
New tires are less prone to curb rash and look more appropriate to the performance styling of the Model 3.

Reactions: Watts_Up