Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RIP Panoramic Roof... :(

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there any hope that the sunroof option will return to the Model S, perhaps after the Refresh?

Fair question. The article attached seems to indicate metal roof rails - hopefully for the Model S. 3rd paragraph.

Tesla’s massive parts distribution center in Lathrop, CA is nearing completion

Hopefully, it's true. Opened mine up yesterday for the first time this spring to get some extra fresh air and if I consider getting another Tesla, I'd really want it. This might be the same case as the cooled seats - was there, taken away and improved and then brought back.

Fair question. The article attached seems to indicate metal roof rails - hopefully for the Model S. 3rd paragraph.

Tesla’s massive parts distribution center in Lathrop, CA is nearing completion

Hopefully, it's true. Opened mine up yesterday for the first time this spring to get some extra fresh air and if I consider getting another Tesla, I'd really want it. This might be the same case as the cooled seats - was there, taken away and improved and then brought back.

Yeah this is a great time of the year to enjoy springtime with the sunroof open. I really hope they bring back the sunroof so a new Model S would be as desirable as an older Model S with a sunroof!

I got the sunroof and I feel obligated to use it more than I want to use it. One of the benefits of a sunroof in other cars was to let hot air out without needing to have the windows open. The MS HVAC gets to a comfortable temperature so quickly that I don't want to turn it off to open the sunroof. When I do open the sunroof anyway, my seat position doesn't allow me to enjoy the view unless I am at a stop and can look behind me. Then I am anxious about bird droppings coming in. There's the noise and smell from other vehicles that ruin the quiet and fresh air of driving an EV. I would not miss it in a future car, unless there are fewer ICEVs to ruin the experience.