Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Road Departure Detected - random nuisance warning can’t be turn off ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Despite having the lane departure avoidance off in the Autopilot menu

While driving manually , not using traffic aware cruise control or FSD, the 2023 Model Y Performance will occasionally throw a beep with “Road Depature detected” warning message at random when the car is close to edge of lane .

Attempt to create the warning by crossing lane without signal or even crossing the yellow line (when it is safe for experiment) will not duplicate the warning symptom. I expect this behavior to be consistent as the lane departure avoidance is ofd

Is this a bug as the warning seems to be random despite the lane departure avoidance being off ?

Despite having the lane departure avoidance off in the Autopilot menu

While driving manually , not using traffic aware cruise control or FSD, the 2023 Model Y Performance will occasionally throw a beep with “Road Depature detected” warning message at random when the car is close to edge of lane .

Attempt to create the warning by crossing lane without signal or even crossing the yellow line (when it is safe for experiment) will not duplicate the warning symptom. I expect this behavior to be consistent as the lane departure avoidance is ofd

Is this a bug as the warning seems to be random despite the lane departure avoidance being off ?
I experience the same and I think it is the Emergency Lane Departure avoidance which you can only turn off at the beginning of each trip (very annoying)!

You will find it is not detecting a directed movement off the road, such as you pointing the car across the lane, but what it thinks is a subtle drift out of the lane.

It is really annoying on narrow country roads where you are trying to avoid potholes, etc without heaving on n the wheel.

I haven’t found a way to eliminate other than turn off the emergency one each time you depart ☹️

Reactions: JonDarian
I've seen this when my lane splits into two, and I choose to take the newly opened lane without signaling. The visualization doesn't even register that there's a second striped lane, and screams bloody murder that I left the original lane.

That and people apex corners very close the the median line around here, which means I need to be toward the inside radius of the curve in my lane too. AEB hates that and screams in that situation too.

I've got steering interventions off because of these types of situations.

Reactions: elddum