Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster 203X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Almost certainly BS but...

Screenshot 2024-01-14 at 9.05.58 PM.png

Reactions: Ethan Ryczek
Possibly. I think it's about 2 to 3 year out still. Engineering may be done, but the tech in the HV pack is not yet figured out to get you 620+ miles or even a 200kwh pack in such a small roadster...
Yeah. From the fact I'm seriously second guessing my Foundation Series CT deposit because of the crap batteries tells me they aren't anywhere close to what's going to be needed for the Roadster.

Reactions: zanary
Does anyone really think the Roadster is shipping this year? I need to buy a car right now. If I thought it was happening soon, I'd probably buy something used so I can resell it quickly. If it's going to be several more years, I'll buy new....

Does anyone really think the Roadster is shipping this year? I need to buy a car right now. If I thought it was happening soon, I'd probably buy something used so I can resell it quickly. If it's going to be several more years, I'll buy new....
I mean all of us are guessing, but I’d be incredibly surprised if it comes out this year.

Lotus type 135 and Porsche cayman EV will probably come out sooner, and I suspect will give an experience akin to a modernized original Tesla roadster.

Reactions: phantasms

If it does arrive the year...

(1) Specs will be reduced considerably. It can't do 620+ miles (he will claim that no one needs that type of range). I can't do 250mph+ (he will claim that you don't need to go that fast)... and Ferrari owns a patent for air thrusters on a vehicle, and I don't think Tesla would license that patent.
(2) It won't be a CF body or tub. It will leverage conventional manufacturing from their other vehicles.

If he does this, then this will be the model that will go to the referral winners...

If it does arrive the year...

(1) Specs will be reduced considerably. It can't do 620+ miles (he will claim that no one needs that type of range). I can't do 250mph+ (he will claim that you don't need to go that fast)... and Ferrari owns a patent for air thrusters on a vehicle, and I don't think Tesla would license that patent.
(2) It won't be a CF body or tub. It will leverage conventional manufacturing from their other vehicles.

If he does this, then this will be the model that will go to the referral winners...
I'm ok with all those things. Just needs to be a little faster than the Plaid.

Reactions: phantasms
ohh yeah, and it wont' be $200K/$250K... Like the Cybertruck, it will come in much more expensive. I'm guessing $300K/$350K for those who want one. what that means for those who prepaid the full $250K, who knows... Better caught up another $100K 😀
Pricing will likely be on par with newest porsche taycan when optioned with 'sport chronograph', and expect that 'ring record to drop with the roadster. My question is: is Tesla gng after the recent taycan ring record or the actual porsche 918 record (presumably would need thrusters to keep the car planted)?

I wonder if the Roadster rumoured release in 2024 is a reaction to the Chinese and European market's release of the MG Cyberster roadster which doesn't have the specs of a Tesla Roadster nor its original price. Sorry US market...

It sure looks like fun from articles and first drive videos so far.

Yeah. From the fact I'm seriously second guessing my Foundation Series CT deposit because of the crap batteries tells me they aren't anywhere close to what's going to be needed for the Roadster.
I don’t think there’s any reason to expect 4680’s in the new Roadster, necessarily. It might use them, certainly, but at this point it’s probably at least equally likely that it uses 18650’s. The high-performance S and X Plaid already use them and they’re already the “low-volume” cell. Tesla is gonna need every 4680 it can get for Cybertruck and (most likely) the 3-5m/year Gen3 car.

I wonder if the Roadster rumoured release in 2024 is a reaction to the Chinese and European market's release of the MG Cyberster roadster which doesn't have the specs of a Tesla Roadster nor its original price. Sorry US market...

That's pretty cool! No wonder we wont get one.... 😭

Only 2 seats.. the way a roadster should be.

honestly it being a four seater is one of the selling points. I love cars but I love my family more. I want to be able to cruise with them ask I'll be DDing the roadster.

If you get the Space X package there won't be any back seats, so it becomes a two seater, but if you choose your Next Gen Roadster without the Space X package then you get all four seats 😀