Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster Extended Warranty

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree. But most of those were 1.5's. I had them do a complete battery and PEM test specifically for that reason. Every sheet in the battery came back perfect with no errors. They also said the 2.0 PEM was less prone to failure. I also had them install the fan shielding to keep debris from getting stuck in the cooling fans (which had been replaced 3 times already). I understand that this is no guarantee that something will not fail, but my car is kept in optimal conditions (garaged, charged on clean 240v 70A juice, and not driven that much).

Add #690 to the battery swap list ;(

I wish I would have bought the vehicle extended warranty but missed the window! I don't know how much it would have saved me, but the reasoning for me is that its such a low volume car that the added "insurance" would be nice

I successfully purchased the Roadster extended warranty for my 2008 1.5 Metallic Silver I am in love with this car on Monday! If you click on the section for Service Plans and then scroll down to Roadster you will see that they offer 1, 2 and 3 year extended warranties. The service center that you use locally is the one responsible for helping you purchase it. It is a new process that they are not familiar with so you have to ask them to get the information for you and then VOALLA! Btw they charge tax aside from the cost shown. I purchased the 3 year plan for 5K and they added the $440 in tax but I'm relieved as these cars are expensive to repair!

I know the post by bart513 is a bit old, but I am curious. I'm a new Roadster owner and new to TMC. Wouldn't his purchase of an Extended Warranty for his 2008 in June of 2013 be after his own warranty expired? Will Tesla now do this? I want to consider this for my 2008.

iirc extending the original 3 year warrantee by another 3 years is possible, as long as no gaps, up to a maximum of 6 years is the case in UK (and afaik US).
The CPO cars which Tesla sold in the US came with a 3 year warrantee, but I guess once the this runs out, if the car is over 6 years old it cannot be extended.

We are all waiting (or should that be hanging on :) ) for details of the 3.0 new battery deal, and how this will be warranted and also effect existing warranties.

My roadster 2.5 is getting 3 years old in april 2015. I have about 20000km.
never had any problems with it.
I commute daily about 60km with car now.

what's the advise of the experts here ?
shall I extend the warranty or not ?

Below the pricing that I received from tesla Belgium

to extend or not to extend ? Many thanks in advance for your advice !
image.jpg

image.jpg

Recommended: both up to the max of the time (6 years total age of car) if you can afford this 'insurance' then any big part ie Motor, PEM or battery failure would make this worthwhile.
Note it is for failures, normal battery degradation is not covered. {there are lots of threads on what is normal}.

The current complication is that Tesla have announced a battery upgrade (along with other improvements as in Roadster 3.0 ) BUT price, A la carte options, warrantee, and how this update effect these extended warranties, as well as the original $12K 'battery replacement option' available when bought new.

Tough call on what to do, all depends on warranty expiry dates, ages and options - quite a matrix for Tesla to work out ! .. stay tuned.

In fact , to be able to decide , i would like to know what the is percentage of PEM , motor or battery failures on a 2.5 between year 4 and year 6.
if chanches are below 10% , i'll take the risk and I don't extend....

My roadster 2.5 is getting 3 years old in april 2015. I have about 20000km.
never had any problems with it.
I commute daily about 60km with car now.

what's the advise of the experts here ?
shall I extend the warranty or not ?

Below the pricing that I received from tesla Belgium

to extend or not to extend ? Many thanks in advance for your advice !
View attachment 71958
View attachment 71957