Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster Parts for Sale Listings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Set of Tesla OEM silver forged wheels for sale. $4k or best offer. DM me if interested.

Tesla Roadster Wheels Passengerside.JPG
TeslaRoadster Wheels Driver's Side.jpg

Reactions: DeedWest
Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Roadster
Mounted pix pls!
Which CF weave matches the OE Roadster best: 3K, 6K?

I've messed with them all and short answer: 6K all day.

Long answer: depends on which part you want to match ;). They're all 2x2 twill weaves. Tow sizes vary, probably based on who the fabricator was. The 1.5 center console is most definitely 3K, and from what I've researched was the only autoclaved carbon part in the car. Its weave also runs the opposite direction to every other clear carbon part, minus the hard top (also reversed). Exterior parts appear to be 12K. I've used both and now use mostly 6K on all the parts I make. Visually, it's very close to 12K but not as rigid, making it easier to work with. With 3K, it takes many layers to get the same bulk as a couple layers of 6/12K.

Fabric rolls, from top down - 12K, 6K, 3K
carbon_rolls.jpg

Rear spoiler, top to bottom - 3K, 6K, 12K
spoiler.jpg

Hood, left to right - 12K, 6K, 3K
hood.jpg

hood2.jpg

6K on top, 3K on bottom.
hood3.jpg

Attachments

• roll_bar_cover.jpg
    roll_bar_cover.jpg
    820.1 KB · Views: 38
Nice Tex!

I've been trying to find a vinyl wrap that will match the "roll bar". I have an Exige top with the half mohawk that I've been wanting to wrap to match the RB. I'm trying to find someone to trade me an Elise top for my Exige top, as the roof scoop obviously has no function (but I love the look). I've bought and returned a number of wraps because they don't match the RB. But, I was just thinking, I could wrap the top and then wrap the RB with the same stuff, then I'd have an exact match :)

Found under some other stuff in my garage: Spare Mobile Connector. Charges at 110V at 15A. Used once only, when Tesla sent the wrong plug adapter for the UMC when I first received my Roadster. For sale: $100 if you pick it up (Fairfax, VA), $150 if I have to mail it to you. Certified check or cash - PM me, please.
IMG_5832.jpeg

Last edited: