Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster Side Repeaters

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
tesla_roadster_repeater_right.jpg

tesla_roadster_repeater_closeup.jpg

While observing photos posted by dpeilow from the Tesla Store London opening, I have really noticed how unattractive the side repeaters look on the side of the Roadster.

Perhaps it's just me but I don't believe they should look like an afterthought, even if they were...not for that price. :cool:

In any event, I've drafted up the iBlink concept (my fancy name for side repeaters built into the side-view mirrors). Check it out below, and lets hear what you think.

iBlink Concept
http://www.teslamotorsconcepts.com/media/iblink.pdf

Great Idea, they look fantastic.

only suggestion I have is to;

chase the lights from inner to outer

light the LED's one after another in series until all lit then all off and start over?

----->>>>

The Roadster is a low to the ground vehicle. The "TB4" proposal might make them too low and obscured by the mirror. I would vote for something that sweeps up (like TB3) but even more... Something like this:
k61.gif

CCSM60.jpg

Last edited:
Great Idea, they look fantastic.

only suggestion I have is to;

chase the lights from inner to outer

light the LED's one after another in series until all lit then all off and start over?

----->>>>

@SirGiles
Thanks! And thanks for the suggestions! I will try and work on some mods! :biggrin:

@TEG
Great ideas TEG!

One of my favorite side-view mirrors is one from the new face of Volkswagen AG.
I'll work on some mods.

volkswagen_cc_sidemirror.png

Last edited:
It's also much more useful if someone *behind* the side mirror can see the turn signal, whereas your solution only allows people in front of the side mirror to see the signal.

When I'm on 2 wheels, I am *so* appreciative of cars that have side-mounted turn signals or those side view mirrors where the mirror has an embedded blinking arrow. Should I get caught in their blind spot (and assuming they use their turn signals), I'll know they're changing into my lane and can act accordingly.

Of course, we should all avoid hanging around in other people's blind spots, but that's a discussion for another thread :)

It's also much more useful if someone *behind* the side mirror can see the turn signal, whereas your solution only allows people in front of the side mirror to see the signal.

When I'm on 2 wheels, I am *so* appreciative of cars that have side-mounted turn signals or those side view mirrors where the mirror has an embedded blinking arrow. Should I get caught in their blind spot (and assuming they use their turn signals), I'll know they're changing into my lane and can act accordingly.

Of course, we should all avoid hanging around in other people's blind spots, but that's a discussion for another thread :)

Thanks for the comment!

The LED indicator signal actually does wrap around to the back and rests on the edge of the mirror housing.

There is a tiny strip of LED lights that would be enough for others behind to see without being too distracting to the driver.

Sorry. The mockups I made to not depict that. I will try to better illustrate this idea.

Volkswagen AG already has this on all of their models and same wrap-around design is true of their side view mirrors.