Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster with rear wheels blocked

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The main battery is dead and so the rear wheels are completely blocked and the Roadster cannot be moved even pushing it.
Do you know how disengage the rear wheels with the HV battery dead?
If a 2.x then you likely have a dead 12v as welll replacing that should allow you to get into tow mode through the VDS. If a 1.5 I do not know maybe feed power through the cigarette lighter but would wait for other comments first.

• Informative
Reactions: hcsharp
Bad news.... with a new service battery the VDS and the instruments panel remain dead, only traffic lights and exterior light are on. What else before disconnecting axales? I'm Ms 85D owner and president of Tesla Owners Club Italy, Ticino, San Marino. Thanks so much for your help!

Attachments

• 622e687a-3bce-410e-966f-e287737d0892.jpg
    622e687a-3bce-410e-966f-e287737d0892.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 67
  • Informative
Reactions: dhrivnak
Your local service center should have, or can order, a Parking Pawl Brake Release dongle to use with their ProTool device to inject 12V power and a CAN signal to unlock the parking pawl. I recently dealt with the very same issue with a friend in Northern California who had a bricked Roadster, and the service center got the solenoid to disengage allowing the vehicle to roll freely. Let me know if the service center needs more information on the tool/dongle.