Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

roadster without power, 12V problem?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

after winter i wanted to drive my roadster (2.0) but no power. I charged battery 1-2 month ago so big battery shows 66% (in OVMS)

There is no power to doors, lights, power inlet. Only small display shows stuff, OVMS is working. I cant get to service menu.

I unplugged 12v battery but it shows 12,8V. On side of car (when remove fuse) It showed even around 13,5. But OVMS only show 11,4-11,5.

I cant get to trunk because mechanical key is not working and there is no power in cabin (no power in passanger fusebox)

Any ideas? I thought its easy fix with bad 12V battery but it does not seems so....

Voltage from OVMS in attachment.

Thank you very much

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230509_134058_Open Vehicle.jpg
    Screenshot_20230509_134058_Open Vehicle.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 113
OVMS needs to be calibrated to show the correct voltage. But even if its calibrated, its connected to the BSM and not the 12V battery, so voltage might be different anyway.

12V battery power is not needed to drive the car.
Since the BSM is running and providing power to the display, the ESS should be fine and the issue will be elsewhere.

Try to get into the service menu. When the screen is responsible, it should work.

Reactions: janchr
Possibly the VMS (main computer) has crashed? It's located under the dash, behind the glove box. Two connectors on the back (one blue, one black) that can be removed and replaced to reboot it. There's a thread here somewhere on how to do that without damaging stuff. Review that first.

Reactions: eHorses and janchr
Possibly the VMS (main computer) has crashed? It's located under the dash, behind the glove box. Two connectors on the back (one blue, one black) that can be removed and replaced to reboot it. There's a thread here somewhere on how to do that without damaging stuff. Review that first.
Thank you, that was it!!! In about 30 secs, door clicked and all started working:) Now i need put wheel back and enjoy sunny spring:)

BTW I will need to get lock in trunk repaired it only opens electrically..... Otherwise I would reset car and it would likely helped too....

Reactions: gregd